After a technical design has been selected, it can then be piloted with select health care entities. As successful pilots and increasing clinical partnerships warrant, implementation can then be expanded to improve jurisdictional representativeness and better inform disease interventions.
Questions addressed in this section:
- How will pilot tests be evaluated? What are the success criteria?
- How will technical issues be identified and tracked to resolution?
- What is the migration strategy from pilot tests to production?
- What is the agency’s process for onboarding new clinical trading partners? How will the agency manage their expectations?
Likely stakeholders and participants:
- Surveillance program staff
- IT staff, including business analysts
- Health care IT staff