As the need for public health informatics expertise grows in state and local health departments, so does the need for informatics job descriptions. PHII worked with CDC, ASTHO and NACCHO to develop four template job descriptions to support your team in identifying the relevant roles and responsibilities, and the knowledge-abilities-skills, that are most needed in your agency:
- Executive, such as a Chief Public Health Informatics Officer.
- Management/Supervisory, such as an Immunization Registry Manager.
- Professional, such as: **
- Public Health Informatics Analyst
- Public Health Informatics Specialist I (Data Exchange Processor)
- Public Health Informatics Specialist II (HL7 Specialist, Interface Developer, Data Reporting/Visualization Specialist)
- Public Health Informatics Specialist III (Data Quality Team Lead, Data Analysis Team Lead)
- Clinical, such as a Medical or Nurse Informatician.