These tools offer a starting point to build project artifacts that can guide the team in planning for staff allocation and considering project resource needs for balancing project and operational tasks.
The staff roles matrix can be used to help identify staffing responsibilities for key IIS roles and responsibilities. It can be used during a large-scale project, such as an IIS platform migration, to assess staffing needs before, during, and after a migration as needed for covering different role and responsibility changes.
The sample staffing model is a tool to help visualize coverage for key IIS roles and identify potential gaps in coverage.
The staff allocation matrix assesses current and planned staff allocations and capacity. This tool is designed to help managers answer the question, “How does my staff spend their time on a periodic basis (e.g. weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.)?”
The IIS Core Competency Model presents a framework of core competency domains for IIS staff, offering a pathway for IIS performance success to align with national immunization goals and recognized operational strategies.
These sample role descriptions and a related competency domain model are intended to provide guidance for identifying staffing needs and subsequent recruiting for immunization information systems. The following individual role descriptions are included:
- IIS Manager UPDATED July 2022
- Interoperability Analyst UPDATED July 2022
- Business Analyst UPDATED July 2022
- Data Quality Analyst UPDATED July 2022
- Data Analyst UPDATED February 2023
- Testing Analyst UPDATED June 2023
- Deduplication Specialist UPDATED June 2023
- Help Desk Specialist Tier 1 UPDATED January 2023
- Help Desk Specialist Tier 2 UPDATED January 2023
- Outreach and Training Coordinator UPDATED June 2023
- Project Manager UPDATED January 2023
- Epidemiologist UPDATED June 2023