DMI leads from 59 jurisdictions, who are recipients of the Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity for Prevention and Control of Emerging Infectious Diseases (ELC) cooperative agreement, take part in community calls.
The DMI Learning Community calls:
- Provide a deeper understanding of the overall data modernization initiative,
- Share practical knowledge, skills, and resources,
- Build partnerships with colleagues in the area of data modernization,
- Engage with peers to share best practices, and
- Collaborate to identify solutions to common challenges.
A project collaboration workspace, Basecamp, houses meeting materials and recordings, documents and files, and facilitates interactive conversations through the use of message boards and forums. Between the learning community monthly calls and the interactive Basecamp site, staff have multiple avenues to collaborate with other jurisdictions working on similar data modernization projects.
Learning community calls are specifically for data modernization initiative leads or the core team involved in building data modernization capabilities and capacity within their health department. There is no limit to how many staff from each jurisdiction can sign-up for these calls.
Calls occur on the fourth Tuesday of every month, unless otherwise specified, and last one hour, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET. To receive calendar appointments and login details, interested participants should register for the call series.
Learning Community resources
- Preliminary ELC C2 Assessment Results
- Strategic partnership resources and Clinical and Community Data Initiative (CODI) tools
- Governance resource document
- Jurisdictional governance resources
- Strategic partnerships resource document
- Interoperability and data standards training and resources
- DMI Learning Community January- July 2021 FAQ
- DMI Planning Toolkit
Previous call information
The Basecamp site provides previous call information, resources, and materials related to the learning community. Anyone interested in accessing these materials, should email email@example.com to request a login.