DMI leads from 64 jurisdictions, who are recipients of the Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity for Prevention and Control of Emerging Infectious Diseases (ELC) cooperative agreement, take part in community calls.
The DMI Learning Community calls:
- Provide a deeper understanding of the overall data modernization initiative,
- Share practical knowledge, skills, and resources,
- Build partnerships with colleagues in the area of data modernization,
- Engage with peers to share best practices, and
- Collaborate to identify solutions to common challenges.
A project collaboration workspace, Circle houses meeting materials and recordings, documents and files, and facilitates interactive conversations through the use of message boards and forums. Between the learning community monthly calls and the interactive Circle site, staff have multiple avenues to collaborate with other jurisdictions working on similar data modernization projects.
Learning community calls are specifically for data modernization initiative leads or the core team involved in building data modernization capabilities and capacity within their health department. There is no limit to how many staff from each jurisdiction can sign-up for these calls.
The DMI Learning Community gathers together to collaborate and share approaches and solutions to common DMI challenges such as:
- Machine learning
- Data lakes
- Organizational structure
- Intra-agency collaboration
- Master Patient Indices
- Cloud migration
- Shared Services
- Public Health and Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR)
- North Star Architecture (please note: North Star Architecture planning is ongoing and evolving. This presentation represents a point-in-time).
Calls occur on the third Thursday of every month, unless otherwise specified, and last one hour, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET.
JOIN THE DMI LEARNING COMMUNITY
Frequently asked questions
Download full FAQ document.